Note to users. If you're seeing this message, it means that your browser cannot find this page's style/presentation instructions -- or possibly that you are using a browser that does not support current Web standards. Find out more about why this message is appearing, and what you can do to make your experience of our site the best it can be.

Subscribe

SAGE KE Bulletin Board

RE: Is biogerontology too scattered?

9 July 2002

Laura L. Mays Hoopes

I have been in biogerontology for almost 30 years now, and the best answer I have found to the need for the biogerontologists to talk among themselves has been the Gordon Conference on Aging that occurs every 1.5 years. Of course, there are times when the organizer does not emphasize biogerontology, but on the average this has been the focus. The small and informal setting helps too, as you can start the conversation you have been looking to hear yourself at any meal. I have been to a number of GSA and AAA meetings over the years and would say that you should look at the symposium program to see how basic/biogerontological it will be: it varies from highly relevant to biogerontology to almost climinal each year. Also, there is a morale issue in going to GSA since biologists are more like a whisker than a tail of the large dog consisting of more social science types. Laura L Mays Hoopes

To Advertise     Find Products

Science of Aging Knowledge Environment. ISSN 1539-6150