Note to users. If you're seeing this message, it means that your browser cannot find this page's style/presentation instructions -- or possibly that you are using a browser that does not support current Web standards. Find out more about why this message is appearing, and what you can do to make your experience of our site the best it can be.

SAGE KE Bulletin Board

Alzheimer�s disease revisited: Q & A on some basic issues

23 September 2002

iskandar m i basal

I liked both the discussion by Dr.chen and the comment of Dr.Martin. Dr. Martin is right the discussion has a nice style, the Q&A . I live in Italy and i will search for the Galileo book in Italian language . It should be very interesting to read it , and Galileo is also considered one of high level literature . Dr.Chen talk about the deposition of lipids that occur in a young as a result of a gene mutation and that that occur in the elderly as a result of the aging process comparing this with what occur in the early onset AD and the late onset dementia . I have only a basic and few knowledge about the subject that usually is given by medical schools for graduation and i intend to go further . I thought about the probable importance of chronobiology as also a basic of the aging mechanisms . If a gene mutation may explain a disease in a younger age then what about the rate of action of a gene through decades ? Do genes have the same rhythm over time ? Or do they slow down by aging ? Certainly genetics can give us answers about the quantitive rate of gene action. Certainly the environmental factors have their important role ,the risk factors talked about by Dr.Chen . If they interact to precipitate the condition . There is another question i'd like to ask , Dr. Chen does not give her idea about the vaccine , actually under trial . I beg your pardon all for my english, not always correct, and for being not deeply prepared on the subject .

To Advertise     Find Products

Science of Aging Knowledge Environment. ISSN 1539-6150